Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hannes Keseberg: 'You Know Better'_mix Tommy
AngelAngelAngel

I wanted to go for a very clean, crisp, clear mix with some punch but not too bass-heavy. It's got enough low end and you can hear everything clearly. I did NOT sound-replace or add any samples to my mix. Everything is taken directly from the recorded tracks and processed as necessary to achieve my goal. Hope you all like it. I spent A LOT OF TIME on this mix.

Peace,

Tom

.mp3    YouKnowBetter_18M.mp3 --  (Download: 8.5 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Sounds like you had to get rid of those overheads to get this clean sound. Noted. I will look out for that benefit in my next check of this song.

*I like the solid drum sound you got thanks to not overdoing it on those overheads.
*I enjoyed the tone of your bass It's very controlled. I like to hear well controled compression done around the whole track that just helps with smoothing out the song.
*there is an fx on the voice.. that makes the voice a bit foggy. Not sure if it's the reverb.. it could be. but I would like more raw tone on that vocal. perhaps you are using the reverb on the same channel instead of using it through a bus? not sure..
*at 0:45 seconds there is a weird dip in the volume of the track.. not sure what would cause this but it's very weird to hear that drop in volume on it.

It's a good mix. Very bass depending.. guitars, piano and Hammond are very subtle here but it works and they serve their purpose to be a chill mix.
Keep it up!
(13-12-2018, 08:43 AM)Shul Wrote: Sounds like you had to get rid of those overheads to get this clean sound. Noted. I will look out for that benefit in my next check of this song.

*I like the solid drum sound you got thanks to not overdoing it on those overheads.
*I enjoyed the tone of your bass It's very controlled. I like to hear well controled compression done around the whole track that just helps with smoothing out the song.
*there is an fx on the voice.. that makes the voice a bit foggy. Not sure if it's the reverb.. it could be. but I would like more raw tone on that vocal. perhaps you are using the reverb on the same channel instead of using it through a bus? not sure..
*at 0:45 seconds there is a weird dip in the volume of the track.. not sure what would cause this but it's very weird to hear that drop in volume on it.

It's a good mix. Very bass depending.. guitars, piano and Hammond are very subtle here but it works and they serve their purpose to be a chill mix.
Keep it up!

-------------------
Shul,

Thanks for the well thought out comments you made. As you know, there were many challenges to this mix that I was not expecting. I read recently where one engineer worked on a single song for two weeks.....yikes....now THAT is dedication. I probably put at least 20 hours or more into this mix.

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek