Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is mine
I think i could work more on the vocal sections, but here it is !
Very nice song to work on !

.mp3    Drag Me Down Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.71 MB)

Hello there, How many new tracks did you add to this? there are some tracks I don't recognize and I'm wondering weather or not I missed them or deleted them in accident.

Mix is solid.
*I like your drum sound. A lil too dry and I would use more reverb on it but sounds very tight so thats good. Did you sample the whole drumset? or did you still used the old ones but with support of new samples?
*Balances are good but I just miss that explosion on the chorus. Sounds a bit soft but then again the synths and piano feel it in smooth.
*Bass sounds killer. did you use the distort track for support on it? or did you use a distortion plugin?
*Vocals are actually cool. At some instances it could be a lil clearer though.. but maybe it's just the reveb making them feel a lil foggy in my ears.
*That outro guitar needs to be cut and even out the finish end part to match together with the other.

Solid mix. I would have liked a bit more top end overall but sounds pretty solid.
keep it up!
Hi, thx for the compliments ! Smile

I just replaced snare, piano and bass. I rewrote the piano also. For the bass, i didn't use the original tracks but i used a sim cab + saturn from fabfilter for the distortion. With hindsight i agree with you for the guitar outro and yes i find the vocals a little bit foggy aswell indeed (:

Thx for the feedback dude ! If you have any other questions, i would be happy to answer them !
Very good sounding mix! Although I'm not sure if this is intentional, but did you sidechain the rhythm guitar in the chorus? It sounds kinds weird and inconsistent, like the end of the bar is even louder than the start transient. I feel like a lot of energy is lost by that. But if it's an intended fx then I can understand, too. Just giving some suggestions to an already great mix! Really love how you emphasize your own piano line in the verses. So beautiful.
Hello bcs_mix, thanks a lot for the compliments ! Really appreciated !
Guitars are "sidechained" due to the global compression. It's intended to bring the mix "alive", like "in front", with the kick and the snare in the face ! Smile I personally like when rhythm guitars sounds like this in modern mixes.
Cheers !
Hey Simon

Really well put together mix. nice job on the piano, works nicely.
A lot of different textures, which I enjoyed.
Great Work!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thank you very much K Smile !