Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nosso Mundo... Ale Lak (FINAL MIX UPDATE)
I used the original guitar tones and tracks. I don't have a plugins to use with the DI recordings so I went with the original sound of the song.

The cuts of the recordings of the guitar are a problem when it comes to make everything sound like one take. Some of the cuts end really rough so i worked with fades in and out on certain sections.

I didn't really use the room track for drums because the low end on it was very problematic.

I cut some low end on the bass to have that grit on the top end more noticeable in the mix. The arrangement here is pretty straight forward and fast so there was very lil room to enhance certain things.

two things to look for is do you think the voice is too loud?
is the solo loud enough?
Anyways here is my first take. hope to hear feedback on it.
--------------------------UPDATE
I just went over the whole song and just polished it from the ground up. Dropped down the bass a lil fixed the poking kick on it and basically tried to open the mix up by reducing some muddy freq.

It's a cool song that sounds like the punk rock from the 2000's ... so i took some inspiration on some songs from that era. Thanks for listening guys!

.mp3    Ale Lak Nosso Mundo Shulmix1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.1 MB)

.mp3    Ale Lak Nosso Mundo ShulFINAL.mp3 --  (Download: 7.18 MB)

(09-12-2018, 10:12 AM)Shul Wrote: I used the original guitar tones and tracks. I don't have a plugins to use with the DI recordings so I went with the original sound of the song.

The cuts of the recordings of the guitar are a problem when it comes to make everything sound like one take. Some of the cuts end really rough so i worked with fades in and out on certain sections.

I didn't really use the room track for drums because the low end on it was very problematic.

I cut some low end on the bass to have that grit on the top end more noticeable in the mix. The arrangement here is pretty straight forward and fast so there was very lil room to enhance certain things.

two things to look for is do you think the voice is too loud?
is the solo loud enough?
Anyways here is my first take. hope to hear feedback on it.

Hey man! Nice work! For me the levels are ok! Maybe...but really maybe the bass is a little loud, but, as happens to me, my references lie to me in the low area...thats the probleam I had in this mix, so I am listening the same music in the same place I recorded and mixed so you can't take seriously what I am saying, lol. But I really like the work...kick is sounding punchy and not long or stuffy, voice is clear, guitar is well tuned... well done!
Hey Shul

Really nice mix, kick sounds great, punchy. guitar tones are really nice. Voice sits good
Sold Mix!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Final mix posted above. Thanks for the input guys!