Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fredy V: 'Not Alone'
Hi Guys!

.mp3    Fredy V_ \'Not Alone\' _Full.mp3 --  (Download: 15.71 MB)

It's a nice, elegant mix with most of the tracks mixed with common sense. Lead vocal is a little loud, thou. But...

When it comes to the choruses, levels go all over the place. It feels disjointed and makes you grab the volume knob down, especially thru the ooh-ooh parts.

The instrumental tracks sound very nice. Good kick/bass balance, good toms panning, organ takes its own space without being suffocating, there's a coherent global space... The snare could use some less lowmid ooomph, but that's just not important against the loud vocals, the only thing that's hurting the mix. If you're lucky, it could be solved with just the right amount of compression on the vocal bus, though it might take some EQ sculpting for the individual parts, too. Each one of the backing vocals might have too much information individually and that sums up to a mess!

(09-12-2018, 01:21 PM)Deliza Wrote: It's a nice, elegant mix with most of the tracks mixed with common sense. Lead vocal is a little loud, thou. But...

When it comes to the choruses, levels go all over the place. It feels disjointed and makes you grab the volume knob down, especially thru the ooh-ooh parts.

The instrumental tracks sound very nice. Good kick/bass balance, good toms panning, organ takes its own space without being suffocating, there's a coherent global space... The snare could use some less lowmid ooomph, but that's just not important against the loud vocals, the only thing that's hurting the mix. If you're lucky, it could be solved with just the right amount of compression on the vocal bus, though it might take some EQ sculpting for the individual parts, too. Each one of the backing vocals might have too much information individually and that sums up to a mess!

Thank you for taking the time to listen and write a rating for my information, it is very important to me. I like the way you think. Indeed, at the final compression stage, I had a question about the volume of the vocals and the snare drum. In my opinion, I slightly added the volume of the main vocal in order not to lose the listener while listening to the singer.
Its my new version, i hope like guys.

.mp3    Fredy_ Master_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 15.7 MB)