• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel13: 'Colour Me Red'
My Mix

Comments Welcome

Cheers
KSmile

Version2
08a.mpg

Opened it up a bit to get some shine on the top end as recommended. re-panned some stuff to give it a wider feel.

Comments welcome
Cheers
K

.mp3    Diesel13-Colour Me Red-06.mp3 --  (Download: 7.54 MB)

.mp3    Diesel13-Colour Me Red-08a.mp3 --  (Download: 7.54 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Nice Arrangement K, the variation moving into the chorus works well also. I like the center main guitar (I panned it from memory) It works well with the side guitar parts and stereo drums. It may be a touch mid rangy though. I would also like hear a little more top end over the mix generally also just for a bit of polish.
Great mix otherwise Kirk, you are getting good at this.Big Grin
(08-12-2018, 11:52 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice Arrangement K, the variation moving into the chorus works well also. I like the center main guitar (I panned it from memory) It works well with the side guitar parts and stereo drums. It may be a touch mid rangy though. I would also like hear a little more top end over the mix generally also just for a bit of polish.
Great mix otherwise Kirk, you are getting good at this.Big Grin

Hi Dave
Thanks, I used your mix as a reference in general. I liked what you did with the intro, so I tried something similar, but didn't come out as good as yours. The main guitar is actually soft panned, but with everything else hard panned it does sound center. Next version Ill add some more highs and hard pan the guitar.
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
hi! sounds good. overall sound a bit mid rangy as previosly stated. mix feel very solid, and levels are good. love how you gave big role for keyboards in the chorus. ^_^
(09-12-2018, 03:53 AM)kapu Wrote: hi! sounds good. overall sound a bit mid rangy as previosly stated. mix feel very solid, and levels are good. love how you gave big role for keyboards in the chorus. ^_^

Hey Kapu
Thanks for commenting, always appreciated!
Cheers
KSmile
New mix posted
Took the suggestions, more top less mids. also re panned to get wider feel.
Comments always welcome
Cheers
KSmile
Second pass works for me. Nice judgement! Has certainly opened the mix up K. Well done.
(09-12-2018, 08:37 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Second pass works for me. Nice judgement! Has certainly opened the mix up K. Well done.

Thanks Dave!!
Cheers!!
KSmile