Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get out of bed -Mix Jerze
Here's my take on This song. I took out the lead GT part in intro and used the BG more to move the intro plus the other sections.
No samples or reamping. Not sure I got it, but it is a fun one to mix.

Let me know what you think or any Questions thanks for your time!
Jerze

V-2 fix phase problem with double vocal parts

.mp3    Magician\'s Nephew\'s \'Get Out Of Bed\' Mix byJerze.mp3 --  (Download: 6.7 MB)

.mp3    Magician\'s Nephew\'s \'Get Out Of Bed\'Mix by Jerze.mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

Great mix! Nice to see a cleanish-non distorted bass on this song!
Maybe the backing vocals delays are a bit too much? (especially in the beginning) Try setting the repeat sound a bit lower.
Guitars sound great, but the solo guitar could use some more space/wideness. On mono guitars I personally use a Waves Doubler with a wide long reverb and a subtle ping pong delay. Wink
Vocals sound clear, but a tad too dry for my taste. Also some phasing issues seem to appear when the double take comes in. Smile
Drums are punchy, but the snare drum gets drowned some times by the hihat.

Just my opinion, hope this helps!

P.S. I did a mix on this song too, check it out if you feel like it. Smile
Kornelijus
Yes, a nice mix Jerze. It translates well my end. I can Agree with KR there is some phasey comb filtering going on with the backing doubles. Otherwise it works for me.Smile

Dave
(08-12-2018, 09:44 PM)KR_Productions Wrote: Maybe the backing vocals delays are a bit too much? (especially in the beginning) Try setting the repeat sound a bit lower.

Ya not sure just felt one wasn't enough.My thought was something more movement with them.

(08-12-2018, 09:44 PM)KR_Productions Wrote: Vocals sound clear, but a tad too dry for my taste. Also some phasing issues seem to appear when the double take comes in. Smile

I also seem to under Fx vocals for some reason will look at turning them up. thanks, fixed that phase problem i thought something was weird.
Thanks again!

Dangerous Wrote:Yes, a nice mix Jerze. It translates well my end. I can Agree with KR there is some phasey comb filtering going on with the backing doubles. Otherwise it works for me.

Thanks for the listen glade it translates ok on your side.
Did you mix this song yet?