Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixing Practice - Fragile Thoughts
I was messing around with some effects on this one using new plugins. Had difficulty transitioning between verses and choruses. Let me know what you think.

.mp3    MP_FragileThoughts_01.mp3 --  (Download: 5.89 MB)

Kick sounds cool, commanding but elegant. Only thing is, the drummer hits slightly harder with every verse (around 1:55 it jumps out of the mix for being a little too loud) so some subtle automation would be useful. And the snare at the beginning is a little too thin and inconsistent. Maybe some copy/paste replacement using some of the hits after 1:15 could solve that. I just replaced the snare, which could be faster and easier.

The choruses sound great, everything well glued. Kudos for making the hat nice to the ears, which is not always easy!
(06-12-2018, 11:15 AM)Deliza Wrote: Kick sounds cool, commanding but elegant. Only thing is, the drummer hits slightly harder with every verse (around 1:55 it jumps out of the mix for being a little too loud) so some subtle automation would be useful. And the snare at the beginning is a little too thin and inconsistent. Maybe some copy/paste replacement using some of the hits after 1:15 could solve that. I just replaced the snare, which could be faster and easier.

The choruses sound great, everything well glued. Kudos for making the hat nice to the ears, which is not always easy!

Listening again to it the snare definitely could use some work. And good insight on the drum levels from verse to verse. I would like to revisit this one sometime. Thank you for feedback!