Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Hurray For The Riff Raff: 'Living In The City' kapu mix
V2 is clearly better, Kapu! More focused and with more energy. There was a weird resonance coming from the kickdrum in v1, corrected in v2 so low end is fat but not dragging the tune. It sounds specially good after the solo, when it almost reminds a heart beating, is that the same kick? All that crescendo part sounds terrific.

The solo part could use some rebalancing of the guitars and maybe rolling some highs from the right guitar, but that's just me.

Biggest issue I have is, during the choruses, the mix feels weaker compared to the verses, probably because of the drummer changing the hat for the ride. The snare loses presence and feels disconnected from the drumkit. There's less hi-end energy and the mid side gets a little karaoke to me, as if the voice doesn't belong anymore. That doesn't happen in the verse before the last chorus though it is ride driven too, but I guess it's the busiest singing that compensates. Monoing the backing vocals in the center could help (mono and brighter so they can shine, though they had so much bleed it could compromise the drums), maybe the hi-tom too, boosting up the OH's somehow (or compressing hard and boosting up the hat track so the bleed does the job, I mean only for the choruses) and the craziest thing I can think of is compressing and gritting up the mid side, again only for the choruses.

Lovely mix!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hurray For The Riff Raff: 'Living In The City' kapu mix - by Deliza - 04-12-2018, 11:10 AM