Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers 'I'm Alright' Mix
Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum for the free mixing sessions. Let me know what you think.

Regards

Luke

.m4a    Angels In Amplifiers Mix.m4a --  (Download: 7.79 MB)

Welcome to the fun! Great sounding mix. The only thing I noticed was the guitar panned hard to the left seems to be almost distracting a bit. Maybe try panning a little less?
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(12-09-2013, 03:49 PM)bmullen Wrote: Welcome to the fun! Great sounding mix. The only thing I noticed was the guitar panned hard to the left seems to be almost distracting a bit. Maybe try panning a little less?

actually luke it's rare for me to contest your mixes but i agree with the point made on the guitar. i'd say bring it the tiniest amount back and turn it down a smidge. that is all though. otherwise, top notch, £1250 well spent ey
Cheers for your input guys. Yeah I overdid the oxford transmod plugin. First time testing out it's abilities and what not. I'll upload a version 2 later.

Cheers
Hey guys,

I did that mix tweak, what do you think now?

.m4a    I\'m Alright Mix.m4a --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Welcome to the forum.
Good job.
One thing that I noticed is the kick sound. For this kind of music I think there is too much "click" or "snap". I think a little "softer" sound could fit better for this song.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
Sounds great. I agree with Moonwrist but that's an easy fix and I guess a matter of taste, too.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
It's quite interesting you guys say that. I didn't do any boosting to bring out the beater at all. I think what did it was the attack time on the gate more than anything, followed by the compressor's slow attack time settings. I'll do a quick tweak thanks for the input Smile
(13-09-2013, 02:59 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: Welcome to the forum.
Good job.
One thing that I noticed is the kick sound. For this kind of music I think there is too much "click" or "snap". I think a little "softer" sound could fit better for this song.

I agree!