Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magician's Nephew - Get Out Of Bed
Hey everybody,

I have been mixing this tune today and i would love to hear some opinions from you all on this one!

Cheers,
Hessel

.mp3    Magicians Nephew - Get Out Of Bed - Hessel Visser Mix-02.mp3 --  (Download: 6.46 MB)

Hi Hessel
Guitars sound nice, I like the snare, sounds really good in the mix.
Good tone and balance
Nice Job
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hi Hessel - powerful sounding mix! I like the overall sound you got.

The bass might be a little on the boomy side - maybe a bit too much around the 80-100hz area there?

I like the attitude of the saturated vocal, but it maybe sounds a little bit "unglued" from the rest of the mix - perhaps some sublte ambience and a little more dynamic control might seat it more comfortable in the soundstage.

Cool!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(21-11-2018, 06:08 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Hessel
Guitars sound nice, I like the snare, sounds really good in the mix.
Good tone and balance
Nice Job
Cheers
KSmile

Thanks K! Good to hear from you..
(21-11-2018, 09:02 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hi Hessel - powerful sounding mix! I like the overall sound you got.

The bass might be a little on the boomy side - maybe a bit too much around the 80-100hz area there?

I like the attitude of the saturated vocal, but it maybe sounds a little bit "unglued" from the rest of the mix - perhaps some sublte ambience and a little more dynamic control might seat it more comfortable in the soundstage.

Cool!

Thanks for the feedback FF!

With the unglued vocal, you mean overall or in the verses or....?
I already used some reverb and short and long delay, but do you think it has to do with the ambience on the vocals, or the distortion on the vocal?

About that bass, yeah i had the feeling the song could use a bit of that...
But it's too much?