Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brew What I want
This is my take on this song. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

.mp3    What I want(4).mp3 --  (Download: 8.87 MB)

very dry mix. balances are good. maybe work in some fx. eq is pretty extreme on the guitar. could use a bit more umph on everything. work on sprinkling some compression here and there to phatten things up a bit. the wiry chorus distortion on the guitar isn't the most pleasant sounding thing to my ears either. not a bad "bare bones" mix by any means.
Berge, thanks for your feedback. I wasn't too happy with the wiry guitar you mentioned either, although its not the eq its the amp simulator I ran one of the guitar tracks through. I wish I had a copy of the DI from the recording I could probably do a better job getting the tone I felt that part needed. I'm not a big fan of amp simulators, unfortunately I can't run the guitar track as it exists out to my tube amp and reamp it, that wouldn't sound good either. I wanted to get a good contrast between the verse guitar sound which had a kinda spacey delay going on and add some distortion/overdrive to really make the chorus more driving. It just seemed like all the tones I was getting from the plugin were very thin sounding and I'm not quite sure why I had settled on that one, cause I agree it has too much digital distortion, maybe ear fatigue who knows. But I will revisit the mix and try to get something more suitable for the part. Thanks for the suggestions I will take that into consideration.