Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magician,s Nephew, Get Out Of Bed,
The drums was a bit of a nightmare here is my mix.

.mp3    Magician,s Nephew Get Out Of Bed mix3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

.mp3    Magician,s Nephew Get Out Of Bed mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.52 MB)

.mp3    Magician,s Nephew Get Out Of Bed mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

Reaper user
Way,Way too much low end on mix1, mix2 uploaded.
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe

Sounds good!!, Good balance and tone, only thing I hear is at right around 2:00, the keyboard track is a bit loud and it gets out of balance a bit.
Solid Mix!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
hi! maybe want to bring out root frequency of snare and/or suppress the 300hzish area? balance between instruments feels good and its got a nice freight train groove going. solo part has good density. nice job! ^_^
Thanks for your comments guys, and your recommendations i have done mix3.
Reaper user
(17-11-2018, 12:05 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Thanks for your comments guys, and your recommendations i have done mix3.

Hey Cudjoe

Rolls along nice!!
Great Job!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(17-11-2018, 12:12 PM)KMuzic Wrote:
(17-11-2018, 12:05 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Thanks for your comments guys, and your recommendations i have done mix3.

Hey Cudjoe

Rolls along nice!!
Great Job!!
Cheers
KSmile
Cheers for that Kirk much appreciated.
Reaper user
Hey Bloke!

Sounding good. I like the vocal processing, it fills out the verses in a good way thats quite tasteful. Tones and balances are good, although things get a little congested from the 2:00 mark. Rhythm, lead and key parts all with similar tonal properties fighting for the same space, I can see it being quite a challenge to make it work.
Great work as usual Cudjoe.
G,day my friend thanks for your input,i find that the paticularly part of the song does tensify and I might of over cooked it,is will look into this on my next mix,thanks again.
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe - Really different take on the guitars in your mix - makes for an original sound. Most of my suggestions would be personal preference - a tighter vocal ambience that still spreads, a meatier snare sound with a little less "boxiness" in it...etc..

Toward the end of the song the high midrange elements are fighting for space - guitars/vocals/organ. The organ is tricky to deal with if you want it to be audible amid the onslaught of guitars... Sometimes it's just a matter of deciding which element deserves priority, I guiess.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases