Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Fell From The Sky: 'Not You'
I thought I had posted this a long time ago, but I guess I didn't, or Im blind, anyways.
Finished off the mix I had started, used Mikes mix as a reference for tone. I have to say, a definite challenge.
Tried to get it as aggressive as I could.

Comments always are appreciated and welcome!!

Cheers

KSmile

.mp3    We Fell From The Sky \'Not You\'-03.mp3 --  (Download: 7.71 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey Kirk!

Nice mix man, and thanks for the kind words on my post from oh so long ago. I remember wrestling with this INTENSELY. You have definitely done a better job on the bass than I did, and I love your tom tones. You can really "see them." Something about the kick I'm not a fan of, but I didn't like my kick tone either. I think it was mostly during the section where the kick and bass are really prominent, it just doesn't feel like it sits that well. Maybe feels a bit "splatty(?)"

I really like your vocal treatment, and maybe the guitar parts during the vox could come up a smidge?

Really solid work overall.

Draper
(04-12-2018, 03:31 AM)loweche6 Wrote: Hey Kirk!

Nice mix man, and thanks for the kind words on my post from oh so long ago. I remember wrestling with this INTENSELY. You have definitely done a better job on the bass than I did, and I love your tom tones. You can really "see them." Something about the kick I'm not a fan of, but I didn't like my kick tone either. I think it was mostly during the section where the kick and bass are really prominent, it just doesn't feel like it sits that well. Maybe feels a bit "splatty(?)"

I really like your vocal treatment, and maybe the guitar parts during the vox could come up a smidge?

Really solid work overall.

Draper

Hey Draper
Really good to hear from you!
Thank you for the kind words also..I agree with the splatty kick, at the end of mixing this my ears and brain were cooked, I threw up the white flagTongue
You have some great points that I will address on the next go round.

Thanks for taking the time, its greatly appreciated.

Cheers
KirkSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.