Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc: 'The Inner Circle'
My Mix

Comments Welcome

Cheers
K

.mp3    LeadInc_InnerCircle-06.mp3 --  (Download: 12.29 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
You've got a really nice foundation imo, but there are plenty of room for improvements!

Just about everything could use more compression.

The singer, she's got a really nice vibrato and sustain, so why not bring the most out of her voice! This would also bring out more aggression from her vocals such as the /k/,/t/,/v/, /f/, and the sibilants at their appropriate levels. (also, if you're using a de-esser, try to back out and be more subtle.)

Secondly, rebalance the instruments. The bass is too low end heavy, especially when the guitar tones provided are already quite low-end heavy as well. Also, try mutipressor on the low end of the bass, or even some heavy compression to tighten it up.

Okay, back to vocals. This is going to sound weird, but the vocals are too much in the back, but at the same time too dry. (this might actually isn't a problem, but since the mix itself is not that well balanced and clear, it's hard to tell. Also, brighten up the vox a little.

As for the drums, I'm liking them so far, but a little more aggressive transients on snare and kick would make them cut better, and make ghost notes more audible like a hit. In short, kick needs more high end beater (~2k-5k Hz), and snare needs more low-mid energy (~200Hz).

I base all of this from my mix, so still, take it as an amateur guide.

"We all have different aesthetics."
Hi BCS

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.