Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howling- My mix. Listeners! beware.
Hope you like my crazy mix. This is different to what I am used to, the genre. It also has somewhat the most tracks I ever handled without any blood spilled. I mixed a couple songs up to 61 tracks count a long time ago. They did not fare well, and neither did I.

Anyway, let me know what you think, and thanks for the time.

Little note* If criticism is in short supply, I wouldn't mind some compliment either. I mean, geez Smile Thanks and mix on, bros.

.mp3    Howling-danny.mp3 --  (Download: 10.28 MB)

Hey Sonic

I haven't mixed this song and not familiar with its challenges, But I think you did a fine job constructing it, nice tone and balance. my only nit pick is the high hat that opens and closes on the R can get a bit tedious, I'd just pull it down a hair so it still compliments the beat, but doesn't take away from the vocal.
Listened to it on the headphones, so the HH might sit fine on monitors.
Nice Mix, Well Done!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(09-11-2018, 11:32 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Sonic

I haven't mixed this song and not familiar with its challenges, But I think you did a fine job constructing it, nice tone and balance. my only nit pick is the high hat that opens and closes on the R can get a bit tedious, I'd just pull it down a hair so it still compliments the beat, but doesn't take away from the vocal.
Listened to it on the headphones, so the HH might sit fine on monitors.
Nice Mix, Well Done!!
Cheers
KSmile

Hahha...caught me red-handed. Thanks Kmusic for commenting. Very good ears. I really appreciate it. I hear it too (now that you pointed it out), bro, the open-close hh being a little too loud Smile. If you have time, you should give it a try. Quite an interesting song to mix. When you do please let me know. I'd want to take a listen. Cheers!

.mp3    Howling-danny_1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.28 MB)

Hey Sonic
Very nice!! Bring it down rally opened up the BG vocals also Sounds nicely balanced now
Excellent Job!
Ill give it a shot soon, Ill let you know.
Cheers
KSmile

Hey Sonic, How did you get the stems?, puremix wont let me D/L them, the link is dead to D/L
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(09-11-2018, 06:44 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Sonic, How did you get the stems?, puremix wont let me D/L them, the link is dead to D/L

I went to puremix and search for it. I also saw it here. Do a search within Cambridge-mt and you'll find it. If not, I can always upload the folder for you if you want. Just let me know.
Hi Sonic - very nice mixes. Like Kmuzic said the closed hats are a bit loud (to me it's in both of them) and they distract from the vocals. I really like your vocal treatments! My only other comment is that the kick during the intro seems a bit loose - most likely due to the reverb on it. A bit of post verb EQ should take care of that. Really well done!

Enjoy your weekend.
ONITB
(18-11-2018, 12:11 AM)OldNewbieITB Wrote: Hi Sonic - very nice mixes. Like Kmuzic said the closed hats are a bit loud (to me it's in both of them) and they distract from the vocals. I really like your vocal treatments! My only other comment is that the kick during the intro seems a bit loose - most likely due to the reverb on it. A bit of post verb EQ should take care of that. Really well done!

Thanks ONITB for your comment and your kind words. I'll see what I can do about your suggestions. And I agree with you. After I lowered down the hats as Kmuzic pointed out and re-posted the new mix, I thought I could do the same to the other hats too but was too lazy to do it. Guess I didn't take that extra mile as I should. In addition, I was hoping I would get away with it Smile. But no, not with you around, right? Good job listening. I'll definitely work on the kick; it's a little more challenging and more fun than lowering the hats, right? Anywayz, I think we should stick together for listening/criticizing/helping purposes. I'd love to have someone around to listen to our mixes and don't mind trading places.