Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Adam Buckley: 'Drag Me Down' kapu mix
i thought this was the other buckley. ^_^

.m4a    adam_buckley___drag_me_down__kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 7.91 MB)

.mp3    adam_buckley___drag_me_down__kapu_mix3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.77 MB)

Hey Kapu

Lots of verbs going on, kinda reminds me of EVH Hear about it later, washed in reverb, pretty cool. Big sound.
Cool Mix!
Cheers
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(08-11-2018, 01:41 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Kapu [...]

thansk for listening! basically started with the drums, kinda liked the 'industry standard' slate sample room sound, so compressed it and brought it up. then kinda 'tried to fit it in' with rest of stuff washing them with reverbs. ^_^
Hi Kapu it feels that you smashed it abit too much imo,maybe ease off a little?nice verbs.
Reaper user
Hi Kapu,

I can hear some nasty distortion seven seconds in. Not sure if it's intended, but it didn't work for me on the first impression. Another thing that's getting my attention in not a great way is the transient of the kick drum. It feels a tad too midrangey to me and it could be more defined. I like what you did with the voice and the big big space of the mix while keeping it upfront and not washy.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(08-11-2018, 04:40 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kapu it feels [...]

thanks! tried rolling back stuff and make it work better. uploaded new version. ^_^
(08-11-2018, 05:25 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote: Hi Kapu,

I can hear some nasty [...]

thanks for taking a listen! the nasty quality indeed comes from an untouched source synth track. did some filtering for second version. i kinda dont like the metal-type 'zit zit' kick, but did some overall re-adjusting of sound. ^_^

2nd mix sound cleaner and more defined on the monitors
Sounds good!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(08-11-2018, 08:26 PM)KMuzic Wrote: 2nd mix sound [...]

thanks! did some selective mid range scooping and level adjusting. ^_^
Huge sound! Quite loud, I had to turn down my monitors a little.
I really like the sound of the vocals.