Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Adam Buckley: 'Drag Me Down' - BS Mix
Cool!!

.mp3    AdamBuckley \'Drag Me Down\' - Ricky Brenay Mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.63 MB)

that moment when they tell you "I listened to it from my iphone speakers"
oh I haven't done automation yet. The Drums are set for the choruses so those and a couple little other things will need to be lowered. Maybe tomorrow??
(07-11-2018, 02:50 AM)brokenstarsfl Wrote: Cool!!

Hey BS - You have some really nice tones in your mix, especially drums they sound really punchy and sound very nice.

For me, the drums are just a few dB too loud and up front overall. I kind of feel like the drums are in the front of the soundstage and all the other elements are sitting behind them. Even in the chorus where the mix has more density the balance isn't better , and it's still a little loud there too.
Mr. Loud
Hey dude. Yeah I listen to the song a bunch during the day. I lowered the drums almost -13 db (verse/ bridge) and -7db for the choruses. lol seems like if we combined each others mixes we would have the perfect mix!!! Check out this one. I also added the automation.
Mix 3ish.

.mp3    AdamBuckley \'Drag Me Down\' - Ricky Brenay Mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.63 MB)

Hey BS
Nice Mix, I kinda like your first mix a bit more, sounds a little more open to me. But, I listened to them in the cans so Ill have a listen tomorrow on the monitors.Smile
Sounds Great!!
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(08-11-2018, 06:42 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey BS
Nice Mix, I kinda like your first mix a bit more, sounds a little more open to me. But, I listened to them in the cans so Ill have a listen tomorrow on the monitors.Smile
Sounds Great!!
Cheers
KSmile

Thanks. I feel ya with the punch of mix 1. I mixed it total in 2 hours with import of tracks to export. So it had everything I was going for "feel" wise. But Wizard was right about the drums being higher. I'm kinda falling in love with Mix 3. I haven't listen to it as much today, but I can definitely hear it has more radio sound now. That could be from the automation? I have the first version saved but I've done too much work on automation to go back. I might tweek the kick (eq / comp) its hitting a little to much on some shitty speakers. Besides that I think I'm done with the song.
the drums imo very harsh, try to atten hi end
M-Audio BX5D2//Audiotechnica athM50X//iMac 27 late 2012//Ableton 9//tons of plugins
Soundbetter: https://soundbetter.com/profiles/141428-mark-manzhelli
Nice punchy, wide mix. Cant help but feel the bass needs a little more weight and rounding out to really support those guitar especially during the chorus