• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mustafa Albazy: 'Shela Ya Marhaba'
My Mix

Comments always welcome

Cheers
KSmile

Version 2 - 01.mpg

REMIX!! From scaratch

.mp3    MustafaAlbazy_ShelaYaMarhaba.mp3 --  (Download: 7.17 MB)

.mp3    MustafaAlbazy_ShelaYaMarhaba-01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.17 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
sounds good! maybe you too could get really greative with this? but nothing wrong with this. sounds very relaxing. ^_^
(04-11-2018, 03:00 PM)kapu Wrote: sounds good! maybe you too could get really greative with this? but nothing wrong with this. sounds very relaxing. ^_^

Thanks Kapu
Sounds maybe a bit too relaxing and vanilla. I think it needs some roughing up and greativity..lol.Tongue

Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Remix up
First one was safe and way out of balance after listing to it today.
Basically started from scratch trying to get some more balance and excitement .

Comments welcome!!

Cheers
KSmile
This one is nicely mixed, the balance is close to perfect. The discrepancy I have with the mix might be mostly of taste. I was going to comment that I was feeling like carving out some of that mid range, and make the mix more smiley, so I did.

Just a quick "fix", taking out some 500Hz, 1KHz and mostly 3KHz, then adding some low and high end.

[Image: Captura.png]

.mp3    Shela Ya Marhaba But it\'s an Octopus Intromission!!.mp3 --  (Download: 7.18 MB)

ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Hey Octo
Thanks for taking the time to smile it out, sounds good. I took a page from your EQ and threw it on the mix, had to tweak it a bit because I was adding it to the original wav file, so a bit different. it was a gamble to get close rendering it to an mp3. I think I got close, let me know. I think I might have to pull back a tad on the top end
Thanks again Octo
Cheers
K

Yup way too crispy for me. Ill fix it later.

.mp3    MustafaAlbazy_ShelaYaMarhaba-03.mp3 --  (Download: 7.17 MB)

(05-11-2018, 03:13 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Yup way too crispy for me. Ill fix it later.

I see. It was a starting point and ideally it should be applied within the elements of the mix with a little more detail. Then again, you could also consider this "smilifying" part of mastering rather than mixing, since the mix was good already and ready for this kind of treatment.

Not sure if it'll work for this mix, but try the combination of Slew2+Air EQ for getting a balance between smooth and crisp.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

(05-11-2018, 06:36 PM)OctopusOnFire Wrote:
(05-11-2018, 03:13 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Yup way too crispy for me. Ill fix it later.

I see. It was a starting point and ideally it should be applied within the elements of the mix with a little more detail. Then again, you could also consider this "smilifying" part of mastering rather than mixing, since the mix was good already and ready for this kind of treatment.

Not sure if it'll work for this mix, but try the combination of Slew2+Air EQ for getting a balance between smooth and crisp.

Thanks Octo Ill try both the suggestions, always curious how different ideas will work.
Cheer
KSmile
Ok, Final mix I hope .. !!

Took Octo's suggestion re-EQ'ed the master with a smile and a coke.
Re-level compressed the master a bit harder. Needed to get some of the edges off so used octo's suggestion and ended up using Slew and clamped it at 0.229166 .. have no clue what those numbers are but seemed to take the edge off nicelyTongue and did a bit of MS processing

Cheers
KSmile

.mp3    MustafaAlbazy_ShelaYaMarhaba-04.mp3 --  (Download: 7.17 MB)

It definitely sounds bigger and more spacey! The kick has gained a fair amount of body, but lost that 'click' definition in return. It seems a busy production, not easy to balance, so good job with that.

I told you, I love how some airwindows numbers mean nothing. Just listen and don't bother looking at them. Big Grin