Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mustafa Albazy: 'Shela Ya Marhaba' kapu mix
(14-12-2018, 06:57 AM)Shul Wrote: Dang... this is definitely not something [...]

thanks! good to hear you liked it. had to resort to the 'greativity' with this. replaced the baet and bass sounds and then mixed it to make it great again. me too find it hard to work with unfamiliar genres, but ive tried to follow a simple pattern: 1. rhythm, 2. melody, 3. harmony and 4. bass.

basically first focusing on the rhythmic elements: trying to balance stuff with distinct rhythms. then doing the same with clearly melodic stuff (could be lead vocal, melodic bass line or whatever). then the harmonies and also the 'tone' of how things fit together. and then finally the bass, trying to clean up unnecessary bass and solidify the significant. this is of course very abstract description, but this is usually the first pass trying to get into the sound, and how i would like to hear the music. nothing special but for me it helps to overly generalize the different elements into a few different categories and start working from a high level abstraction rather than diving straight into the low level detail if im not familiar with the material/genre/production style etc. it has also helped me to learn to like a much wider range of music. ^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mustafa Albazy: 'Shela Ya Marhaba' kapu mix - by kapu - 14-12-2018, 09:39 AM