Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed'
Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed'

.mp3    Magicians Nephew_1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.63 MB)

.mp3    Magicians Nephew_2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.63 MB)

.mp3    Magicians Nephew_3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.63 MB)

(03-11-2018, 06:34 AM)javierpg84 Wrote: Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed'

Hi Javier
Drums sound great!! nice job. Mix sounds punchy , love the FX vocal automation. only one thing, when the lead guitar comes in at 2:10, it comes in a bit hard, kind of a jolt. maybe automate that first chord to bring it in a little softer then bring it back up then down behind the vocal.
Other than that Awesome Mix!!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(03-11-2018, 06:32 PM)KMuzic Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 06:34 AM)javierpg84 Wrote: Magician's Nephew: 'Get Out Of Bed'

Hi Javier
Drums sound great!! nice job. Mix sounds punchy , love the FX vocal automation. only one thing, when the lead guitar comes in at 2:10, it comes in a bit hard, kind of a jolt. maybe automate that first chord to bring it in a little softer then bring it back up then down behind the vocal.
Other than that Awesome Mix!!

Cheers
KSmile

Thank you for listening Kirk, yes that first chord of the solo guitar is too much Ill try to tame it with some automation. Glad you like it. Drums sound was a lot of phase correction, some eq and gating, two samples for the Kick and snare and the secret sauce was a parallel compression chain with a chandler tg1 and some tube eq boosting top and bottom ends. PM me and we can discuss some tec stuff and exchange ideas. Take care.
Hi Javier, Nice mix overall - I like the organic sound you managed to get - It has a nice balance of raw & refined.

The only thing I noted was that the kick drum feels a little overly heavy in the sub frequencies. Comparing the mix to a fairly recent ACDC reference seemed to confirm that impression. I think if you just pulled a little of the subs out, it might make the track feel a little "faster/energetic" and a little less "ploddy"

Nice sound!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(04-11-2018, 02:48 AM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hi Javier, Nice mix overall - I like the organic sound you managed to get - It has a nice balance of raw & refined.

The only thing I noted was that the kick drum feels a little overly heavy in the sub frequencies. Comparing the mix to a fairly recent ACDC reference seemed to confirm that impression. I think if you just pulled a little of the subs out, it might make the track feel a little "faster/energetic" and a little less "ploddy"

Nice sound!

Thank you for your comment fHumble. Ploddy kick corrected in newer version.