Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Somebody - Crazy For Me [OoF mix]
(30-10-2018, 06:34 PM)SonicTramp Wrote: I am also a fan of Andrew Scheps, so yeah, I join the loudness war siding with him and he won Smile. He also inspires me for mixing in the box. It is no longer an impossibility Smile. Fuck the analogue (because I am poor), digital is the new king. And the louder the better Smile

Same here! I saw one of his classes (It's up on youtube somewhere) where the whole point of it was "The only thing that matters is what comes out of the speakers." That simple thing struck me so hard, and humbled me. Nobody cares about your fancy tricks under the hood. Does it sound good? Is it exciting? Nothing else matters, do whatever you need to do to get there.

Also, here's a little thing I've noticed, dunno if it would count as advice: When in doubt, turn your kick and snare down a couple dB. Especially when you've been mixing for a couple hours. Big Grin
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Somebody - Crazy For Me [OoF mix] - by OctopusOnFire - 03-11-2018, 11:53 AM