Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Somebody - Crazy For Me [OoF mix]
(29-10-2018, 06:19 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Octo,

Hi K, nice to see you around Smile

I used Channel6, I guessed it was a new and better version and kinda went with it... I had dozens of plugins to try out and kinda skipped what I though were older versions.

I loved the plugins, great replacements for Slate's virtual console, which is basically the only thing I use from the paid subscription pack -.-"
There's a lot of great stuff, though the plugins are a bit inconsistent... some really subtle, some overkill.... it happened mostly with the compressors, there are many and very different....

I LOVED FathomFive, it's basically Rbass on steroids! Also loved the Air EQ and the Slew2, which is a high frequency clipper. He just released an ADT plugin that can also do great slap delays, check it out. I just added it to the vocal of this song and improved it greatly. And don't get me started with the compressors....

I'll support the guy on Patreon. These plugins sound fantastic and do crazy, crazy stuff. And they're free. I even like the fact that there's no GUI, so it's all by ear. Mostly for the compressors, you stop looking at needles and numbers. He even sets the numbers so they're meaningless sometimes lol
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Somebody - Crazy For Me [OoF mix] - by OctopusOnFire - 29-10-2018, 11:03 PM