Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maurizio Pagnutti Sextet: 'All The Gin Is Gone'
My Mix

I mixed this a while back and figured Id try to finish it and post it.
I went for a closer mix, but kept the drums open and more natural.

Comments always appreciated

Cheers
KSmile

.mp3    Maurizio Pagnutti Sextet\'s \'All The Gin Is Gone-03.mp3 --  (Download: 8.53 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Sorry for the late response K. I had a week away from the tunes. Sometimes I have to remove myself from the noise so I can hear it again.Undecided

I like the mix a lot. Great vibe and space which works well in the cans. I think if you could mono out the the piano keeping it panned right, it may work better with your arrangement. Listeners vs players perspective if you like. I think it could also be beneficial if you can automate it up through the louder horn sections to match their intensity. A great mix K. You underground jazz lover you!Big Grin

Dave
(07-11-2018, 10:48 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Sorry for the late response K. I had a week away from the tunes. Sometimes I have to remove myself from the noise so I can hear it again.Undecided

I like the mix a lot. Great vibe and space which works well in the cans. I think if you could mono out the the piano keeping it panned right, it may work better with your arrangement. Listeners vs players perspective if you like. I think it could also be beneficial if you can automate it up through the louder horn sections to match their intensity. A great mix K. You underground jazz lover you!Big Grin

Dave
Thanks Dave

Good to see you back, hope your doing good. I was out for about a month myself, needed a new bionic kneeTongue Getting to the age of replacement parts.
I was going to convert the piano to a mono file and pan it, but I ended up just shooting for tone, but I know what you mean. Need to get my board hooked up again so I can hands on automation and give it some more dynamics.

Thanks for the listen, always appreciated.
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.