Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bruks: 'Kak Tvoi Dela, Vova?' kapu mix
now i also do mix! ^_^

.m4a    bruks___kak_tvoi_dela__vova___kapu_mix.m4a --  (Download: 12.26 MB)

.m4a    bruks___kak_tvoi_dela__vova___kapu_mix2.m4a --  (Download: 11.77 MB)

And you mix quite well, my friend. If I have to split hair then I'd say that initially I did not like the snare, too boxy and didn't have enough meat (around 800Hz-1kHz, I am just guessing), but after a minute or so it didn't bother me as much anymore Smile Good job! Very skillful with the EQ.
(24-10-2018, 06:46 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: And you mix [...]

thanks! used uad pultec and massive passive eqs. snare sound like deep shell 13" so it would take lot of work to make it more beefy. layering or replacing with samples or something like that. ^_^
(24-10-2018, 07:30 AM)kapu Wrote:
(24-10-2018, 06:46 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: And you mix [...]

snare sound like deep shell 13" so it would take lot of work to make it more beefy. layering or replacing with samples or something like that. ^_^

Perhaps you can try a cut around 800Hz-1kHz on the snare to tame the boxiness a bit. When I do that sometimes my snare gets a little beefier. If that happens I usually crank up just a bit around 190Hz-350Hz with a fairly tight Q to beef it up a little more. Yep, that's just me 'always a little more' Smile. Good job anyhow!

*on second thought, you can also parallel it. Since it is upward compression, it might bring up the meatier part of the snare and blend it in to get it beefy. Just a thought!
Oh man I love it Kapu.. kick ass stuff! I copied the background harmonies through the end, that would also so work in your mix too.. fantastic work anyhow.
M1 Pro MBP: is my Hattori Hanzo.
(24-10-2018, 04:10 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: Oh man I love it Kapu.. [...]

thanks! the reuse of background vocals was a great idea in your mix. i just resorted in tuning one vocal note wrong in the first verse. ^_^
Added second mix with some adjustments.
(24-10-2018, 11:15 PM)kapu Wrote: Added second mix with some adjustments.

I like the latest version; I like the snare much better, still not meaty enough, personal preferences, but a lot less boxy, which to me is a good trade. I also like how you back off the verb on it and give it just enough. That makes your snare more defined and present. I thought it was a little much on the earlier version. Good moves. Sounds good.
(25-10-2018, 02:11 AM)SonicTramp Wrote:
(24-10-2018, 11:15 PM)kapu Wrote: Added second mix with some adjustments.

I like the latest [...]

thanks. mostly minor cleaning which seem to have worked. ^_^
I love everything about your mix: great sound, bright, drums, punch - everything is great. Just one question: Are the guitars too wide? They beat me on both the left and right, especially on the left, knock knock on my brain. Big Grin  And my problem is exactly the opposite - everything is too close to the center. Maybe the truth is somewhere in between. And my sound is dimmer, a kind of late autumn. You have spring and optimism in the mix, which is more in line with the character of the song.  Smile  Cracking is heard in the guitar tracks (I cleared them) and your deesser is not active enough (hissing sounds dominate somewhat). But this is all nit-picking. In any case, I like your version more than mine. https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=35876
Alexander