Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Tapes: 'Shore'
sounds great! maybe ease the tremolo on the left side guitar. good mixing. ^_^
(24-10-2018, 05:33 PM)kapu Wrote: sounds great! maybe ease the tremolo on the left side guitar. good mixing. ^_^

Thanks Kapu,

Ill drop some of the depth and speed on the tremolo, your right it is a bit busy
Thanks
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
You've been busy again Kirk. Good to see.

I'm liking the improvements here. I can agree with most things already said. I'm hearing the slight pumping that fHumbles mentioned which is squaring things up a little for my ears. There are some resonances I'm hearing also. A low one fluctuating around the ~150hz mark and a fairly consistent nasty one at ~680hz . Minor things really. Mix is otherwise sounding great.
(25-10-2018, 10:07 AM)Dangerous Wrote: You've been busy again Kirk. Good to see.

I'm liking the improvements here. I can agree with most things already said. I'm hearing the slight pumping that fHumbles mentioned which is squaring things up a little for my ears. There are some resonances I'm hearing also. A low one fluctuating around the ~150hz mark and a fairly consistent nasty one at ~680hz . Minor things really. Mix is otherwise sounding great.

Hi Dave
Took all your suggestions, when I put it on the analyzer I could see how out of whack it was. Hopefully corrected it and sounds cleaner and more balanced. Let me know what you think

Final Mix 07.mpg is up

Thanks Dave
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
I've got to give it to you Kirk, your've got your finger on the pulse.Smile
Listening with headphones this time round the mix certainly sounding a lot flatter and you've cleaned up that nasty nasty 680hzzz thingy which is a big improvement. Well done
(26-10-2018, 11:04 AM)Dangerous Wrote: I've got to give it to you Kirk, your've got your finger on the pulse.Smile
Listening with headphones this time round the mix certainly sounding a lot flatter and you've cleaned up that nasty nasty 680hzzz thingy which is a big improvement. Well done

Thanks Dave
Your previous comments really helped.. good ears!!
Cheers
KSmile
Latest mix sounding pretty nice. For me the bass could carry the low end and share the load a bit more with the kick. The kick seems to dominate the low end a bit too much for me. That said the groove of the kick/bass balance you have works better in the chorus than the verse.
Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hey Andrew
Im kinda confused with the kick bass relationship on this one. I think I know what you mean, but not totally sure. I posted a new version. I fattened the bass some more and added a db to it. To me it sounds a little overpowering. maybe not? I think maybe to make it work both in the chorus and the verse equally well, Ill have to automate the the bass and kick, or maybe there is another way I cant figure out as of yet .. lol

Thanks for the help, always appreciated

Cheers
KSmile
(29-10-2018, 11:42 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Andrew
Im kinda confused with the kick bass relationship on this one. I think I know what you mean, but not totally sure. I posted a new version. I fattened the bass some more and added a db to it. To me it sounds a little overpowering. maybe not? I think maybe to make it work both in the chorus and the verse equally well, Ill have to automate the the bass and kick, or maybe there is another way I cant figure out as of yet .. lol

Cheers
KSmile

For me, your latest one works much better than the one before - the groove moves the song forward, wereas the previous mix seemed "slower" somehow. The low end of the bass doesn't sound overpowering on my monitors (& sub) however the second half of the verse lick where the bassist plays higher up does jump out a bit. I used a multiband to keep that resonating frequency the high lick generates under control.

Personally I like to use the "sidechain the bass to be ducked by the kick" trick to make space for both at the low end. I tend to find it allows me to have fatter bass without the kick getting swallowed. Some people view it as "cheating" but it works for me!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(29-10-2018, 12:29 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote:
(29-10-2018, 11:42 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Andrew

Cheers
KSmile

For me, your latest one works much better than the one before - the groove moves the song forward, wereas the previous mix seemed "slower" somehow. The low end of the bass doesn't sound overpowering on my monitors (& sub) however the second half of the verse lick where the bassist plays higher up does jump out a bit. I used a multiband to keep that resonating frequency the high lick generates under control.

Personally I like to use the "sidechain the bass to be ducked by the kick" trick to make space for both at the low end. I tend to find it allows me to have fatter bass without the kick getting swallowed. Some people view it as "cheating" but it works for me!

Hey Andrew
Thanks for the explanation, that helps a lot and makes perfect sense to get it under control, hey, Ill use any trick I can, to me its the end result that counts. Ive never tried the sidechain ducking technique , Ill have to search YouTube and see what I can find on it. Ill give it another shot after I check it out.

Cheers
KSmile