Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Promises and lies V2
Posted a couple of pictures of mid bass treatment used !

Thumbnail(s)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hello

That is a nice mix but... Big Grin

I would like that the lead voc had a little more edge or more aggressive sound and to be more equal fighter in front row between the guitars.
And the snare could have a little more body or lows. Now it sounds maybe just a hint too thin. Could it be that you take too much of that ringing away? Too wide filter?
I don't think that the problem is too bright reverb because I like how it fit in the mix in depth.
And that guitar solo sound in my speakers more like a snare solo. It should more clearly take the place left from the lead voc.
At the end drum ohs could have a little boost as the last hit of the song.

These are like really small problems or observations. Probably not more than a db here and another there. But then again wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong Rolleyes
It is just easier to find things that seems to be wrong but then again everything else must be super great because otherwise I would wrote something about them Cool

And I listened the mix in post #10
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
(03-03-2014, 04:06 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: Hello

That is a nice mix but... Big Grin

I would like that the lead voc had a little more edge or more aggressive sound and to be more equal fighter in front row between the guitars.
And the snare could have a little more body or lows. Now it sounds maybe just a hint too thin. Could it be that you take too much of that ringing away? Too wide filter?
I don't think that the problem is too bright reverb because I like how it fit in the mix in depth.
And that guitar solo sound in my speakers more like a snare solo. It should more clearly take the place left from the lead voc.
At the end drum ohs could have a little boost as the last hit of the song.

These are like really small problems or observations. Probably not more than a db here and another there. But then again wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong Rolleyes
It is just easier to find things that seems to be wrong but then again everything else must be super great because otherwise I would wrote something about them Cool

And I listened the mix in post #10

Thank you for having a listen and honest feedback
I am still learning and working on fixing monitoring issues and definitely will take your observations on board as I want to work on what doesn't sound right !

Thanks again Big Grin !

Great mix! I think is probably the best I've heard so far around here. You have to tell me how you managed those weird drums. I posted a mix of this song, hope you can listen to it and give me your opinion Smile
(15-10-2014, 10:34 PM)Andres330 Wrote: Great mix! I think is probably the best I've heard so far around here. You have to tell me how you managed those weird drums. I posted a mix of this song, hope you can listen to it and give me your opinion Smile

Thanks for having a listen and kind words,I will dig out the project and have a look how the drums were treated Big Grin.

Very nice work! Smile The only two things , and it's really just a matter of taste, is I would have liked the guitars to have just a little more girth to them, and the kick be a little more punchy. Again just a matter of preference and also I haven't heard the multitrack to hear what's there. I think I'll have a crack at this tune myself!

Best regards!
(21-10-2014, 03:22 PM)crubik Wrote: Very nice work! Smile The only two things , and it's really just a matter of taste, is I would have liked the guitars to have just a little more girth to them, and the kick be a little more punchy. Again just a matter of preference and also I haven't heard the multitrack to hear what's there. I think I'll have a crack at this tune myself!

Best regards!

Thanks for having a listen Crubik .
I agree and will keep your feedback in mind when I get around to another remix , realised I didn't use any master buss compression on this one just limiting.
Yes have a crack at this great song Big Grin

This sounds great! only problem i have is the kick is a little too goofy, maybe hipass it just a little. and bring out the higher end saturation on the rhythm guitars just a little. other than that sounds awesome!

Also check out my version and tell me what you think!
(27-07-2015, 07:55 AM)dzernial Wrote: This sounds great! only problem i have is the kick is a little too goofy, maybe hipass it just a little. and bring out the higher end saturation on the rhythm guitars just a little. other than that sounds awesome!

Also check out my version and tell me what you think!

I Agree ,The guitars need some more top end 8-10 k area and a tighter kick with less deep bottom end !
hopefully will sort out in version 3 Smile

Thanks for the feedback Big Grin !