Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AllTheGinIsGone_Maurizio Pagnutti Sextet_mix Tommy Marcinek
Angel

Okay! I loved doing this and put up a mix a while back. However, I decided to revisit this because I liked it so much and thought I could really get a much better mix now that my experience level has increased a great deal. So, please enjoy, and as usual any comments are welcomed.

Tom
(this was mixed in the box, no added samples or sound replacing)

.mp3    AllTheGinIsGone_5M.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Hi Tommy,

I quite like this, you've done a great job. Love the drum sound and bass kick relationship. The mix as a whole has a kind of period sound with that upper mid edginess that work well within the brass parts. Intentional or not it works for me. Well Done.

Dave
(21-10-2018, 01:45 AM)tjmtruth Wrote: Angel

Okay! I loved doing this and put up a mix a while back. However, I decided to revisit this because I liked it so much and thought I could really get a much better mix now that my experience level has increased a great deal. So, please enjoy, and as usual any comments are welcomed.

Tom
(this was mixed in the box, no added samples or sound replacing)

--------------
Hey Dave,

Thanks a mil bro.....I was just awestruck at the quality of the tracks we got to work with on this one. There were so many possibilities for creativity because of that. For example, in your mix you went for, and achieved, an old school jazz club sound that really worked. I never would have thought to do that. I went for a more modern sound. Anything can be done when you have great recorded tracks to work with. So cool.....and thanks for the props.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek