Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Falmes By Eric Smith Productions
Leave a comment/feedback/criticism with link to a song you'd like me to give you feedback, I'll gladly listen to it 2 to 3 times and really dig into it.
Thank you for listening and posting.

I am new to this website; and loving it.

Been mixing and mastering music now for a couple years; but I still have lots of room to improve upon; that is why I'm here. To simply learn from my mistakes in my mixes; and to ask questions.

Please take a listen and write anything you'd like; no hard feelings just trying to learn.

Personally; I feel in my mix I have questions/complications that I'd like feedback on in specific.

1) The kick sounds to 'live' and am struggling to get it to where it needs to sound; Preferably to have a snap with a bit of a 'punch' with out being to 'boomy' (EQ problems; I know, just looking for guidance)

2) Toms sound hot to me as well and will probably fix it if others believe they are as well.

3) Are the cymbals over compressed? Is it acceptable? How hard/soft should I be compressing them; is compression needed?

4) I tried to do a Side-Chain compression from a kick send into the bass guitar; and not sure if its too noticeable? Does it sound fine?

5) I feel comfortable with the guitar tones; but I would like them 'brighter/ more bite' but couldn't figure out how to do it with out it sounding to 'high gain/ over distorted' any tips or tricks would be amazingly helpful.

.mp3    Flames 10-4.mp3 --  (Download: 12.52 MB)

(05-10-2018, 03:16 AM)eric256 Wrote: Leave a comment/feedback/criticism with link to a song you'd like me to give you feedback, I'll gladly listen to it 2 to 3 times and really dig into it.
Thank you for listening and posting.

I am new to this website; and loving it.

Been mixing and mastering music now for a couple years; but I still have lots of room to improve upon; that is why I'm here. To simply learn from my mistakes in my mixes; and to ask questions.

Please take a listen and write anything you'd like; no hard feelings just trying to learn.

Personally; I feel in my mix I have questions/complications that I'd like feedback on in specific.

1) The kick sounds to 'live' and am struggling to get it to where it needs to sound; Preferably to have a snap with a bit of a 'punch' with out being to 'boomy' (EQ problems; I know, just looking for guidance)

2) Toms sound hot to me as well and will probably fix it if others believe they are as well.

3) Are the cymbals over compressed? Is it acceptable? How hard/soft should I be compressing them; is compression needed?

4) I tried to do a Side-Chain compression from a kick send into the bass guitar; and not sure if its too noticeable? Does it sound fine?

5) I feel comfortable with the guitar tones; but I would like them 'brighter/ more bite' but couldn't figure out how to do it with out it sounding to 'high gain/ over distorted' any tips or tricks would be amazingly helpful.
Your balance between instruments & vocals is ok but it sounds as if its over eq'ed. Did you have anxeq on your mix buss? Sounds hollow and is missing low end & power.
I think there is to much or the wrong reverb on the toms so they dont poke thru. Kick sounds good to me but I'm not getting enough bass.

There guitars can definitely be brightened up a bit. They nicely gave us the direct signal so you can use an amp sim or reamp them to add to the existing guitars and get the sound you are after.