Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WavolutionLab mix
Hi,

here is my version of this song, i try to give a trip hop feeling.

Comments are welcome Wink

Ben

.mp3    Leaf_3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

I like what you've done with the mix.

The filtering of the drums on the verse, I think works well.
Another very different vision here, and it's interesting to hear a much meatier drums/bass combination, and the imaginative effects tickle my ear very nicely! You've also managed to keep the vocal nicely centre-stage, although I'd have liked a bit more of a sense of blend for it in the choruses, as well as maybe a bit more obvious echo to hint at a larger space -- maybe that's just me, though! Smile

It's good to hear you making efforts on behalf of the long-term dynamics, by changing your settings to adapt to different sections, but some of the transitions do feel a touch too abrupt, which rather gives the game away. I'm thinking particularly of the bit that sounds almost like a filter-sweepdown at 1:23 -- sounds almost like a mistake, but I'm not sure it is.

The vocal break has a lovely soft, feathery sound to those BVs. How did you get that? It's a joy! The backing vocal in the second verse is also nice too, although maybe a touch too far upfront -- it seems to distract slighty too much from the lead for me.

Thanks for letting us hear that one! Hope my comments are some use.
Thank you Mike, your opinion is really motivating to continue to work on this mix!!!

To answer your questions, on BVs in vocal breakdown, I pan all BV differently and send them to a very long plate reverb (about 3s) with 40ms pre-delay and transitions are abrupt, i change that in the next version of the mix.

Thank you again for your feedback
Like what you did. Its dark and very creative. nice sounding