Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesu bleibet meine Freude
well i had to give this one a go cuz of all the hype. Now i think

I made the mix a bit narrow because most of the sounds come from only three elements, it turned out to be a bit heavy on the left side, but i couldnt fix it without ruining it.

I think we all did some interesting variation that had its own good parts, so if we combined all 4 of them it might sound good... Ok so i combined the 4 Big Grin from Voelund OlliH and FlyRecords..

;D

.mp3    JesuFreund.mp3 --  (Download: 6.98 MB)

.mp3    jesufreundcombined.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

JesuFreund.mp3: vocals maybe too high and oboe too low in solo parts

jesufreundcombined.mp3: THis sounds very good to me.

(I listened with my tracking headphones, as my mixing headphones were not available at the moment)
What a fantastic approach. I like the combined one a lot !

Your own mix sounds good but I dont agree on the vocal/orchestra balance. For this genre I think the vocals are too loud.
Dont think compression and electricity. Think musicians and singers, playin without amplification in a room and singers that are trained to make their whole body resonate to their voice to make it louder so they can compare with an orchestra. If you hear a concert you have to listen for the vocals, and that is not somthin were used to from electrical music. Its a matter of blend. Or taste :-)

I recorded a classical singer once, who told about another studio where the engineer had put some strange machine on her voice to make it louder. She were talkin bout a compressor. Its like 2 diffrent worlds with diffrent tradition.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Coolstuff! Together we are better Wink

and

(04-09-2013, 08:10 PM)Voelund Wrote: I recorded a classical singer once, who told about another studio where the engineer had put some strange machine on her voice to make it louder. She were talkin bout a compressor. Its like 2 diffrent worlds with diffrent tradition.

lol ^^