Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Motor Tapes - Shore (mix and master)
Really enjoyed mixing and mastering this song. Was quite challenging because of the amount of tracks, but the end result sounds pleasant to me.
Mastered at around -12 LUFS.
If you have any criticism or opinions feel free to share. Smile

.mp3    Motor Tapes - Shore (final).mp3 --  (Download: 9.64 MB)

Kornelijus
Hi KR, Really enjoyed this mix - Only listening on cheap speakers at work, but it translate to these really well. The vocals especially sound wonderful. I'd like to take another listen on better speakers, but about the only thing I noticed on these speakers was that the toms were just slightly boxy.

Overall, really sweet!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hi again Kornelijus. Having another listen on my studio speakers. Still sounds excellent. I like how you really featured the vocals, because they are excellent.

Sometimes i find the hihat a little too prominent, and the snare tends to get overshadowed by the strummed electric guitar. Perhaps a little more snap and low end girth on the snare drum would help it cut through a bit more.

Nice work!

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(09-10-2018, 12:15 PM)fHumble fHingaz Wrote: Hi again Kornelijus. Having another listen on my studio speakers. Still sounds excellent. I like how you really featured the vocals, because they are excellent.

Sometimes i find the hihat a little too prominent, and the snare tends to get overshadowed by the strummed electric guitar. Perhaps a little more snap and low end girth on the snare drum would help it cut through a bit more.

Nice work!

Hello,

Thanks so much for your response, it really helps a lot! Maybe I'll revisit this mix some day and see what I can do to make it better. Smile

Thanks again!
Kornelijus