Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergessen: 'Nos Palpitants'
My Mix

Tough vocals, I hand deesed them and cut them up to get rid of the breaths, threw a couple of filters on them to try to round them off a bit, still not happy with them, but with what I have its the best I can do.

Comments Welcome

KSmile

.mp3    Fergessen \'Nos Palpitants-01.mp3 --  (Download: 7.48 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
This sounds really good, there's nothing to point a finger at, IMO.

I had to get in and clean up the vocal track too, Kirk. If I recall correctly, they were recorded very hot and clipped much of the time, so I lowered the gain quite a bit before automating and then adding the first compressor.
Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
(09-09-2018, 07:01 PM)davemcg61 Wrote: This sounds really good, there's nothing to point a finger at, IMO.

I had to get in and clean up the vocal track too, Kirk. If I recall correctly, they were recorded very hot and clipped much of the time, so I lowered the gain quite a bit before automating and then adding the first compressor.

Thanks for checking it out Dave, Yeah the vocals weren't recorded very well, don't really know but to me had a weird compressed sound also.

Thanks
KSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.