Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Place For Us
Hi Guys

Mixed and Mastered

I own a pair of JBL LSR305 and on them it translates awesome.
No sub-woofer so i do not know if the low end sounds good but on my monitors it sounds amazing.
Please let me know what you guys think.

.mp3    01_-_A_Place_For_Us_Mastered[1].mp3 --  (Download: 5.29 MB)

Hi there! VERY nice mix, probably the best I've heard so far! I've only one comment, that I've made to others too: low-passing vocal delays and reverbs to avoid "s-s-s-s-s" effects on the sibilants that can become a bit distracting. I'm listening in headphones and I hear it quite evidently in the intro, mainly when he pronounces the "d"s, I hear "d-d-d"s... Otherwise, I really love your mix, would mind giving me your opinion on my mix? I'd really appreciate some help!
Mike
(01-09-2018, 07:59 PM)Alexistheo Wrote: Hi Guys
Hi! I also own a pair of JBL305, and at my point of view, your mix is quiet good, but there is no low end. Meanwhile, there is too much high end. Maybe if you'll add more low end, the mix wil be more calibrated. And the delay on vox isn't very good. You may get rid of it, or automate it somehow to not hear it at the end of the phrases. I always take as reference the full preview of the song. This preview is almost always good for reference.
Sasha MD
(28-01-2019, 08:59 AM)Coulomb Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 07:59 PM)Alexistheo Wrote: Hi Guys
Hi! I also own a pair of JBL305, and at my point of view, your mix is quiet good, but there is no low end. Meanwhile, there is too much high end. Maybe if you'll add more low end, the mix wil be more calibrated. And the delay on vox isn't very good. You may get rid of it, or automate it somehow to not hear it at the end of the phrases. I always take as reference the full preview of the song. This preview is almost always good for reference.

This mix was done long ago and yes there are many issues with it. What you mentioned above is correct. There is no Low end in the mix, the region around 4Khz is too much, compression on vocals is too much as well and along with the slap on the vocals. The thing is that i was bored to go back and re-do the mix Smile
Thank you for your feedback man.