Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What have u done with this guitars XD Moritz Schiekel
Hey i leave the start out because it just sound terrible the Song is very coole but the Lead guitar in the chorus is killing the hole song so i decided to also leave that away and also the real ending i know i have to work what is given but i would have talk to the musicans thay should leave it out for better Sells XD

.mp3    Signe jakobsen.mp3 --  (Download: 3.76 MB)

Hi Moritzschiekel,

I had a quick listening to your mix too. What struck me most was the sound of the snare drum, it sounds a bit thin to me and the drums sound too separated to me (no glue). As a listener I'd expect a bit more front to back feeling, the drums are in the same space as the voice. Overall I miss cohesiveness and build up in your mix, especially in the choruses. I would have balanced the bridge somewhat differently, the piano seems a bit loud vs the organ/drums/lead vocal. I think the sound of the lead vocal is well done, given the recording. In terms of sound stage and 3D this mix leaves me wanting more...

Cheers,
Sander
(04-09-2018, 02:28 PM)Frequency Painter Wrote: Hi Moritzschiekel,

I had a quick listening to your mix too. What struck me most was the sound of the snare drum, it sounds a bit thin to me and the drums sound too separated to me (no glue). As a listener I'd expect a bit more front to back feeling, the drums are in the same space as the voice. Overall I miss cohesiveness and build up in your mix, especially in the choruses. I would have balanced the bridge somewhat differently, the piano seems a bit loud vs the organ/drums/lead vocal. I think the sound of the lead vocal is well done, given the recording. In terms of sound stage and 3D this mix leaves me wanting more...

Cheers,
Sander

i listen back to the song and i feel the same the snare is to thin and piano to loud but i realized a biger problem the singer has to many SSSSSSSSS
XD
thats
Hello there. Here are my observations.

*Needs more panning. There are too many freq. Fighting in the center of the mix.
*Piano is too loud
*Drums sound a lil dry like they don't have enough overhead mics. You should check that out to make them feel more alive.
* Background voices are fighting on top of each other. I would use a high pass on them and pan them left and right for getter space between them and the main voice.

Overall the balance is good and in my opinion that snare is good sounding.
Keep it up!