Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise - You are the One
Really struggled with the kick on this, which I guess will sound obvious. I'm pretty happy with the rest I think though.

.mp3    You are the One - Master.mp3 --  (Download: 15.86 MB)

Hey Sasquatch

Electric Guitars sound good, needs some low end attention to get the bass and Kick separated and have their own space and clean it up.. a few cuts around 60 to 180. might do it on the master buss, or low cut the bass and Kick..or both

Good Job
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
I like this! It has a velvety smokey quality that fits really well the tune. On the more agressive parts, you got the right blend of thickness and clarity (my taste, at least). Could there be a too much hallish reverb on main voice, though? Something feels a little out of place at the beginning of the verses, but it could be the organ, I don't know... things get a little too thick when background vocals come in, so I guess it's the reverb.

Kudos for making piano some prominence since it's such a cute part! At the beginning, it gels so well with organ and then I dig how the piano sums up with the rhythm part, too. I'd like it better if main guitar was panned anywhere else, though. It seems to me as if there was someone keeping a seat for it at the center of stereo field and it takes forever for it to notice, though eventually it does if only for a little while!

It'd be really hard to satisfy anyone 100% with a tune like this, with so many different parts within, but I really liked this mix!
Thanks for the input both.

KMuzic, Yeah, having just listened again it is a little congested down there. The reason is, because I couldn't get the kick sounding right, I left some more low on the bass than I would have liked to fill in (or read as "Cover up"). I side-chained it, but it is still a bit too much.

Deliza, Glad you like the mix. I think the out of place thing in the verse is the organ now. It comes in with a little too much attack and covers the first word or two. I did actually pan the main guitar right to balance the other guitar part, then shifted it center during the solo thinking the vocals had the center covered, but maybe I should have left it there all through.

Thanks again.