Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright... My Mix..
Hi! I'm new! I leave here my mix. I would love to read your opinions ... Thanks for listening!

.mp3    Angels In Amplifiers - I\'m Alright Master 1.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

Hi there

I can't put my finger on it, but sounds like the mix is too much center weighted.
Electric Guitar is to dry in the verses and maybe a tad too loud. Solo's sound pretty good though.
Too much highs on the overheads.
Needs more definition on the kick drum.

Please check out my mix as well, would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks
Gerrit
A song is never finished... Only abandoned. So sing if you've got nothing left to say.
Gtr is a bit too loud except in solos.
To me it sound a bit harsh mix. Too much hapening between 2-6 khz and too dry.
Kick could have more low end.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
hello! I had no time to check the blog. thank you very much to you both for giving me your opinion about mixing. It's true what they both say, about how loud the guitars in the verses sounds dry and generally everything. Listening to it in other types of monitoring said it sounds disgusting! haha but the guitars solos, like you, I liked. they were very friendly, because quite recently that I'm in this. well, I'm sorry if you did not understand very well what I said, since I only speak Spanish and google translator gave me a hand in this, and sometimes talk funny. a salute!
Here's what I'm hearing in your mix:
(1) The first thing that grabbed me is all of the drums and percussion (except kick) sound r-e-a-l-l-y w-i-d-e. You might want to tighten your spread a little and dial back any doubling FX you might be doing.
(2) The electric guitar volume is great during the breaks and solo, but needs to be tucked back a few db during the verses and choruses. You might also dial out a little 3-5k so the guitar sits underneath the vocals. But not too much or you'll lose the tone.
(3) Your overall mix could use a little reverb to put everything in the same space and gel everything together.

That's all for now. :-)