Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Second try
Hi guys!
Here's a second post after a monitors re-alignment.
Please tell me what do you think about it.
I'm trying to understand if I have to give up or if I have a chance to make something listenable, at least!

Thank you and come on!

M

.mp3    Master 4b.mp3 --  (Download: 6.07 MB)

Hi,

Vocals are a bit weird, too much delay, and seems like there's a chorus on it.
snare sound very distant, because of the bleed, I think.

The guitars needs more mids ans lows, that's because the provided tracks were very fizzy. So you have to remove the fizz and do some boost.
At the end of the song, guitars 1&2 got to be realigned, listen to the last chorus, they should play the same thing at the same time.

Well, that's a difficult multitrack to work with.
Cheers Smile
(10-08-2018, 05:02 PM)Tuyop Wrote: Hi,

Vocals are a bit weird, too much delay, and seems like there's a chorus on it.
snare sound very distant, because of the bleed, I think.

The guitars needs more mids ans lows, that's because the provided tracks were very fizzy. So you have to remove the fizz and do some boost.
At the end of the song, guitars 1&2 got to be realigned, listen to the last chorus, they should play the same thing at the same time.

Well, that's a difficult multitrack to work with.
Cheers Smile

Hi! thank you, appreciate it!
I know, the damned fizz.. I'll work on it
Anyone else?
I think this mix needs some subtractive EQ. Start with cutting some flappy mid range yuck in the kick, some mid frequencies in the vocals, and some tight notches to get rid of some harsh frequencies in the OH/cymbals. The toms also cut have a ton of knocky mids cut out.

I also think the reverb you put on snare and toms (it sounds like) is a bit much. Just bring it down a tad, the snare needs to be more in your face.

Hope that helps!
Hi,

The snare and toms are sounding a little like bongos to me.

Also check the end. The provided guitar get out of wack and you need to align them.

Some of those edits you did were pretty cool!