Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'I'm Alright' First Time Poster!
Hey Everyone,
First time poster here. This is an awesome resource and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community.

Here's my first try at 'I'm Alright'. Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

.mp3    01 I\'m Alright 1.mp3 --  (Download: 3.42 MB)

your drums are pretty lifeless. mostly your snare and toms. your kick could be brought out a little with an enveloper. is that the way you EQ'd? drums are pretty standard when it comes to basic EQing but getting a really great sound takes some time and practice with creative and surgical EQing. try add a tiny bit of reverb to the vocals. start by adding excessive amounts of reverb and then dialling it back until it feels and sounds natural without being obtrusive. also try a very quick slapback delay on the vocals. makes them sound like sex. same goes for the solo guitar. can make a world of difference. AUTOMATION IS YOUR FRIEND and i can tell you used it for the electric guitar adlibs, either that or you cut it up. automation is good. pretty solid mix. one of the better ones i've heard here. mine is in my own thread.
I have to agree with shugo - the drums sound rather distant and I think some proper EQing and volume adjustments should solve the problem, at least that's what my first attempt would look like.
There's not a lot of stereo going on there - mostly people listen to it to near-mono when they arent at home or arent doing something parallelly anyways, but I think for those people who -do- listen to it in stereo should be able to hear it, then.