Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Things byLorenzo Price
Comments appreciated.

.mp3    LorenzoPrice_ChangingThings_Mix1_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 13.58 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
Found and corrected some phase issues pulling punch from the drum kit.

.mp3    LorenzoPrice_ChangingThings_Mix4A_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 13.3 MB)

Peace,
Dave
Mid 2019 Mac Pro; Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 USB2 audio interface; Logic Pro X; FabFilter C2, DS, L1, Q3, R, Saturn2, Timeless2 ; Native Instruments Komplete 13; Waves 12 Gold; Rokit 6 G3 monitors; AKG K240 MKII and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro cans.
hey man, listened your mix...well, I will comment something because since I subimit mine few days ago seems like we arrived a bit late here, lol....
anyway...first forgive me if I write something wrong because I'm brazilian and my english is not 100% perfect.

Liestening you mix I felt 3 main things which I would like to opinion.
First one...I liked the way you mixed the guitars, in my mix of this song sounds like we had the same intetion.
Well...the drums... I listen and it´s sounding like a rock/pop drum mix....maybe your are using too much compression, the kick it's too thin...it could be more natural...in my opinion for this kind of musical genre how much more "organic" the sound better is. Your kick sounds like good for a rock, punk, hard stuff. So, I miss some ambiente in the drums... as this song has not many instruments in my mix I tryied to make the entire drum as a "campsule" wich all instruments play inside it...só for the result sounds like you are part of the stereo when listening.
The last thing... I missed more presence in the bass...as you mixed a thin and high kick, I can't fell the bass (whick could be more presence and little bit fat) dancing with the kick. Their are not playing the same swing, frequencies sounds too much separated.
Well...it's just my opinion and hope it be usefull because all I want is share knowleadge and I would very glad if some time you do the same with my mix...to get a better producer we must listen with humility even it don't make sance in time, but every feedback we receive we need to read or listen.
But, nice work anyway.... and regards from a brazilian friend!
Cheers
Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment. I've revisited this twice because I'm still not happy with the drum kit sound.
Peace,
Dave