Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rothko my mix, any suggestions?
Here I leave my mix of this topic, hope you like ....

suggestions and comments are welcome

From Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    Wrong_uns_Rothko.mp3 --  (Download: 5.99 MB)

Hi, Sergio! I admit that I haven't heard this track since I mixed it a few months ago... and I must say that your mix sounds great to me (I won't be mentioning that mine sounds awful... but keep in mind this was one of my first mixes and I wasn't really sure what I was doing).

I have to learn how to make my mixes sound as clean as yours!!
mixing since April 2013
Thanks juanjose!!!!

son 20 añitos encima de la consola... jajajajaja
la experiencia realmente se nota y en esto de mezclar aún soy un "bebé", jejejeje!!!

Por cierto, he subido una mezcla que he hecho con Studio One. Mira a ver si te gusta como quedó el sonido :-)
mixing since April 2013
Sometimes I think that if anyone says anything in the post mine, because I'm doing things right, or very wrong.
Hello!

First the guitar starts of hard panned to the left. It kinda hurt my ears when listening with headphones, im not the biggest fan of this kind of panning but thats just me.

The vocal sounds good. I think the drums sound a bit lifeless, they sound a bit to clean for my taste. I would probably raise the volume on that distorted guitar thats in the center and lower the volumes on the panned ones just a tad. I think the mix is somewhat a bit to stereo and sortof lacks the feeling of a real space.

But all in all its a balanced mix as far as i can tell with my ears. Big Grin