Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul - Widow - Dr.sous mix (will return all feedback!)
I just found this website and absolutely love it man, this was the first song I decided to mix -- can't wait to do more! let me know what you guys think!

.mp3    widow_mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 8.53 MB)

Hey Dr. Sous, its a pretty good mix! Really solid in the low end.

A few points that I think would take this mix to the next level:

1. Try reducing the reverb wetness on the lead and background vocals, they sound a little bit distant compared to the rest of the instruments.

2. I like how you utilized the stereo field for the shaker/percussion element that comes in during the chorus, but it sounds a touch abrasive to my ear. Try lowering the volume of that to sit it better in the mix.

3: Cool effect you did my panning the string sound left to right throughout the song, sometimes it is a bit abrupt of a change though. Maybe just take a look at making the timing between left and right pan position more consistent, I think it would really help establish the rhythm of your mix!

Overall pretty good though!

You should take a listen to my mix of this song and let me know what you think! Smile
(14-08-2018, 05:42 AM)OG GOOSE Wrote: Hey Dr. Sous, its a pretty good mix! Really solid in the low end.

A few points that I think would take this mix to the next level:

1. Try reducing the reverb wetness on the lead and background vocals, they sound a little bit distant compared to the rest of the instruments.

Yeah In retrospect I agree I definitely went a little overboard with the reverb haha!

I listened to your mix and overall really loved how you comped and edited the vocals and liked your use of panning and distortion to spice things up a bit! Drums were also nice and punchy and I loved the (flanger?) effect you put on the harp break. I think there was only one thing that stood out to me that I would change which was the sample vox was a bit muddy and crowded the song a bit during the choruses since it was sitting in the middle. Being nit picky there but other than that I thought it was a great mix man!
Thanks for the input man! I agree with you about that sample vox, I probably spent the least amount of time on those so it wouldn't hurt to revisit them haha.

Let me know if you mix any other songs, would love to take a listen if you do!