Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Fell From The Sky "Not You" Mennis Mix
Hey guys,

Just finished my mix of this track and I'm really proud of it.

But I'd love some feedback, positive or negative, If you want to know what I've done at any stage I'll send out some print screens of my session and the plugins and stuff.

Cheers guys!

Mennis

.mp3    We Fell From The Sky (Mennis Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 7.77 MB)

Hello!

First off, I rarely listen to this kindof music so i might be pretty off.

However
I think theres some weird rumble going on. The bassguitar or whatever is playing just gives of this really bassy rumble like sound. It just doesnt blend into the mix i think. The rumble could also come from the drums im not sure, i would just for good measure remove some bassfrequencies off the reverb just to be sure. Fixxing the bassguitar sound might be tricky im not sure, but i think it would sound better once it sounds better Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The Vocals also seem to dissappear slightly behind the guitars in some parts. like 0:25 -> 0:37 it could use a 1dB boost maybe.

Other than that its well balanced.

Wink
Hey PrincessCakeJ,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I've had issues with the low rumble problem before, I high pass everything because I'm now paranoid about this low rumble. I'll have a double check on my session though, Good advice on the reverb though! What are you monitoring on if I may ask?

Thanks again!

I have a pair of AKG-701.

Also thinking about it now, sometimes ive encountered when a mix has been very stereo, and there is this bass which resembles a lowfrequency sawtooth that is mono, ive fixed it a few times by putting it through a tiny bit chorus. However this might be a noob way around it and should be dealt with with caution Wink. And afterwards make sure to make the lower subbassfrequencies mono with a m/s controller, to avoid phase issues when playd on a system with a subwoofer.

Thank you Smile

I can't get to my computer at the moment, I will be able to in a few days.
I have a sneaking suspicion it's my compressed room track. I fear I may not have high passed that track because I was enjoying the lows. I didn't think it would cause an issue though! Regardless, thanks anyway, I always love to hear feedback. You should link me to some of your mixes!