Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction and my mix
Hello everyone. Just want to introduce myself. I have always wanted to be on the mixing side of the board and after much searching have come across this site. This is wonderful to be able to start at the basics and build from there. So here is my mix. Please share your thoughts; good, bad and the ugly. Thank you for taking the time to listen...

.mp3    #5 .mp3 --  (Download: 5.64 MB)

Nicely played JohnnyJ. You have represented the performance well. For my ears, I would like to hear a little more weight in the guitar and sax. Just sounding a little bright my end. Great work just the same.
(16-07-2018, 02:05 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nicely played JohnnyJ. You have represented the performance well. For my ears, I would like to hear a little more weight in the guitar and sax. Just sounding a little bright my end. Great work just the same.

You mean more bottom end? Also, do you find this too hot? Listening to it again it is bright; maybe because it is too hot? I'll go back in and remix it. Thank you for the thoughts.
Again, thank you to Dangerous for pointing out what needs improved. As a result I remixed the track and here is my second go at it.

.mp3    Brahm\'s Hungarian Dance #5 bottom guitar.mp3 --  (Download: 5.59 MB)

(22-07-2018, 10:08 PM)JohnnyJ Wrote: Again, thank you to Dangerous for pointing out what needs improved. As a result I remixed the track and here is my second go at it.

A much better tonal balance this time round. Instruments sound wonderful. Well Done!Smile
(22-07-2018, 10:57 PM)Dangerous Wrote:
(22-07-2018, 10:08 PM)JohnnyJ Wrote: Again, thank you to Dangerous for pointing out what needs improved. As a result I remixed the track and here is my second go at it.

A much better tonal balance this time round. Instruments sound wonderful. Well Done!Smile
Thank you