Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zwiepack Summertime Nikola Mikovic
One easy mix after summer vacation, enjoy Cool Big Grin

.mp3    Summertime Nikola Mikovic.mp3 --  (Download: 7.92 MB)

Hi Nikola,
Nice mix, the only thing that bothers me is a bass nasty freq around 400hz or somewhere around. Bass seems to be more present than sax imo. Overall sound very well. Cheers
(13-07-2018, 12:01 PM)Lethan Wrote: Hi Nikola,
Nice mix, the only thing that bothers me is a bass nasty freq around 400hz or somewhere around. Bass seems to be more present than sax imo. Overall sound very well. Cheers
Hey Lethan
Thanks for listening, glad you like it. When i listen today, you are right about 400 area. I put bass a bit
closer on purpose because i thought that it will not be present enough. I'm obviously exaggerated.Smile
Cheers
Hi Nikola

Nice Job .. mix sounds good on the monitors, Sax tone is really nice!!

Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
(14-07-2018, 12:43 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Nikola

Nice Job .. mix sounds good on the monitors, Sax tone is really nice!!

Cheers
K

Hey Kmuzic, thanks Smile
Cheers
Nice tones and control Niloka. Drums may feel a bit pushed back compared to the sax and bass. I'm wondering if inserting a common reverb would help bring the sax, bass and drums together into one performance space. Just a thought. Well Done.Big Grin
Wow great job Nikola! It's a very complicated song because you had to do a lot of work with few instruments to fill the entire frequency range. The sax dynamic that u used is pretty good. Sometimes I felt that the bass and the sax are playing in different places, maybe a small reverb for the main channel could help. Another little thing, the three instruments have to talk, the drums was like that guest who arrives at a party and nobody takes it into account. It is my humble beginner's opinion, regardless of that your mix is ​​almost perfect!
(04-10-2018, 03:23 PM)sergiovalp Wrote: Wow great job Nikola! It's a very complicated song because you had to do a lot of work with few instruments to fill the entire frequency range. The sax dynamic that u used is pretty good. Sometimes I felt that the bass and the sax are playing in different places, maybe a small reverb for the main channel could help. Another little thing, the three instruments have to talk, the drums was like that guest who arrives at a party and nobody takes it into account. It is my humble beginner's opinion, regardless of that your mix is ​​almost perfect!
I agree about the drums, there are a bit disconnected. I think that what you're proposing for a reverb would help.
Thank you for your time SergioSmile
(16-07-2018, 01:52 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Nice tones and control Niloka. Drums may feel a bit pushed back compared to the sax and bass. I'm wondering if inserting a common reverb would help bring the sax, bass and drums together into one performance space. Just a thought. Well Done.Big Grin
Next week i will try to correct ambience of the drums.
Thanks for listening, Dangerous. Smile