Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Much too Much Flymix
Here I leave my version Much Too Much, much like I enjoy mixing it with the big band.
Suggestions and comments will be most welcome.

Greetings from Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    MuchTooMuchfinalmix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.34 MB)

I played a bit here, between how it would sound on a vinyl record in the 50 `s and this day

.mp3    MuchTooMuch Oldrecord.mp3 --  (Download: 8.13 MB)

In this mix I had the audacity to process a duet with Melodyne.
I hope you understand the intention.

I really liked it and also play around with this song.

Greetings from Argentina

Sergio Tongue

.mp3    MuchTooMuchw_Melodyne duet.mp3 --  (Download: 8.34 MB)

No one will say anything about this mix?? or suggest me that is very good, or very wrong. Or are all gone to the beach??? lol
Hello. Nice sound you produce, especially the vocals. My suggestion would be to work on gluing vocal and band together, lower vocal level a fair bit and perhaps use reverb to create the illusion it was recorded at the same time. I think plaing with vocal choir effect is fun, but it doesnt suit this song in my opinion.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
How about you lower one of them by 12 semitones so its a duet between man and woman Big Grin

I think to get this working you need to do alot of automation. Like adjusting startposition on every word and automating volume. Right now it is a bit to apparent that its just an effect slapped on there. If there are really 2 persons singing then there should be differences in voulme and timing and alot more.

It sounds ok but using it for the entire song it gets a bit boring.
Thanks for your concepts Voelund, automations work hard with this track and perhaps I have overlooked put more reverb to the voice to be filling with the band and turn it down a bit. work hard with brass and maybe this detail has escaped.

Regarding the version with Melodyne was nothing but a game and test how it works Melodyne, as I have recently installed it.

thank you very much again. is very important I think, get other opinions to be improving

Sergio
Lol I remember when I got my voicemachine and used it on nearly evry song I played ... Now its 4 to 5 times a night for variation and because I have it in the rack. The idea with an o ta e down and automation and most importantly in selected places isnt bad. You should try that and only take what I wrote for my opinion. At that time :-)
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thanks !! Whether I played well with that! in the era of analog recordings I spent whole nights. Now in the digital plane everything is easier, entertaining, and without limits.
Everything is a matter of judgment and not of limitations as before.

Greetings from Argentina

Sergio
I was thinking about trying that duet thing too, but really I dont think you can have them apart by constant number of semitones. You need to tune every voice to stay in scale and make sense. And still I'd probably use it only as quiet background harmony effect.

Otherwise in my opinion:
-partly boomy and erratic bass
-a bit too wide brass
-more reverb in vocals needed, and the take you chose has bad faults in it. if you want to use that one I'd replace at least the failed parts with the other take.