Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backroom in Tulsa
Here is my first shot at Backroom in Tulsa. Bring on the comments! (good or bad doesn't matter; helping me learn is the key!). Thanks!

.mp3    Backroom in Tulsa 8-24-13.mp3 --  (Download: 3.54 MB)

Hi All,
I am revisiting some of my mixes from a few months ago to try and get better results. Here is my new mix of Backroom in Tulsa. I haven't compared it to my last one yet, so this is hoping that I have made significant improvements! As always: comments/criticisms are welcome and encouraged. Thanks for listening!

.mp3    Backroom in Tulsa 10-23-13.mp3 --  (Download: 5.23 MB)

Many mixes up for this great song, and I find yours very easy to listen to and the small tricks, perhaps stolen from other mixes like the spring verb on guitars, works very well.
I like your mix and have nothin to point a finger at. And thats one thing we all like to hear isnt it ?
Learnin from mistakes are great but doin somthin right isnt bad either Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thanks for the kind words Voelund! I have to admit, though, that the guitars are all Wesley. I did very minimal eq, notched up a few frequencies to get the rhythm a bit more distinct, and put a light delay on the far guitar mic to spread it out a bit. All that great sound is his, I just tried to work it out and mix all the guitars so they played well with everything. Thanks again for listening! your comments made my day.

(24-10-2013, 02:15 PM)Voelund Wrote: Many mixes up for this great song, and I find yours very easy to listen to and the small tricks, perhaps stolen from other mixes like the spring verb on guitars, works very well.
I like your mix and have nothin to point a finger at. And thats one thing we all like to hear isnt it ?
Learnin from mistakes are great but doin somthin right isnt bad either Big Grin