Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud and Proud
Here's my first mix of this great track, I replaced all the drums with samples from Metal Machine and used Bias FX for the guitar tones. Masterbuss wise I crushed the hell out of the track for fun but I am going to make a less squashed version of the mix so everyone can here what's actually going on in the mix without a buttload of clipping and limiting

Cheers,
Doug

Update: Added a new version with some tweaks to the guitars, Vocals, and the snare sample has been added in to correct the ghost notes. I turned the limiting back a touch and scrapped the stock SFX tracks for my own effects

.mp3    Mix 1 Loud AF.mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)

.mp3    Mix 1 Tweaks.mp3 --  (Download: 6.06 MB)

Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
Tweaked mix above
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6
way too much snare for me.
Hi DCP,

Love this mix!
Thick guitars and bass.
I think the mix lacks of high end, maybe you should bring more cymbals.
I find the vocals interesting, very midrangy, and the saturation on it is cool.

One of my favorite mix of this song!