Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ae Mere Humsafar_mix Tommy Marcinek (tjmtruth)
Hello Tommy. You've been busy indeed, enjoyed the listen.

I'd clean up the verbs, they tend to get a bit congested from the build up on occasion for me.

Early on it sounded like the kick had too much attack, kind of rock style? Then I thought it might be a tambourine or similar element hitting at the same time as the kick giving the illusion?

The piano is a bit on the harsher side (as in digital), suggesting the attack could be eased up a bit to give some smoothness. I think a warmer timbre would help bring the song to the listener, crucially during the run in where it's quite naked.

Bass translated on small monitors rather well. Cymbal swells can get a little harsh. Nice wide mix which held up surprisingly well in mono though I'd widen the vocal a little otherwise the balance jumps out. In stereo it would make him feel a little less pinched.

Is it me, or is there some pumping going on with the masterbuss, or some sidechaining I'm possibly sensing?

Some nicework here, thanks for the listen.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ae Mere Humsafar_mix Tommy Marcinek (tjmtruth) - by Monk - 06-07-2018, 09:40 PM