Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A. Nagarkoti & V. Dixit - "Ae Mere Humsafar"
Here's my mix. Any advice for improvement will be appreciated!! Smile

.mp3    Ajay Nagarkoti & Vibhu Dixit - Ae Mere Humsafar.mp3 --  (Download: 6 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Hello there. Just started listening at conversation level. You need to fix some excess resonances rather urgently in the upper mids. I also came across your feedback in flyrecords thread yet found his mix somewhat harsh on occasion.

Can I ask what your monitoring arrangement is?
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.
thank you for your advice, monk! I will check on those resonances you mentioned.

I mix on headphones. I have sennheiser hd600 and I also have an avantone mixcube. I don't have a room with a treatment so I don't have the ideal environment for mixing.
mixing since April 2013
You've done a nice job so far. I'm wondering if you could add some extra intensity to the vocal performance by the use of extra reverbs & delays through the quieter vocal passages of the song. I think this may help with the emotion and flow of the piece overall. Just some thoughts. Well Done.
Thank you for your advice, Dave. Yes, you were absolutely right. Somehow the song ambience sounded a little bit "empty" at those solo moments. I've added just just an extra delay+reverb during those passages. I think the song has improved a lot. Smile

.mp3    Ajay Nagarkoti & Vibhu Dixit - Ae Mere Humsafar(2).mp3 --  (Download: 6 MB)

mixing since April 2013
(07-07-2018, 11:54 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: thank you for your advice, monk! I will check on those resonances you mentioned.

I mix on headphones. I have sennheiser hd600 and I also have an avantone mixcube. I don't have a room with a treatment so I don't have the ideal environment for mixing.

OK. Both are polite in the upper mids and especially the treble, which might be what's throwing you.

Mix 2 is still pinging my ear canal. The intro piano's attack is quite hard/harsh and gives me the opposite perception of the concept which needs silky softness? That piano intro is difficult to fix because of it's odd frequency response. A similar problem occurs with the acoustic guitars; they too could do with less attack and sharpness, more smooth. But you need to be able to hear it somehow then I think it would help you to understand what I'm talking about. At the moment for me it's uncomfortable to listen to over detailed speakers and good ears so I can't go more into the rest of the mixmaster at the mo, sadly.

Just listened briefly to another of your threads, Lingua Funqa - Just One Minute. It's a similar problem you need to find a way to resolve permanently somehow?
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.