Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piece of Me
Hi All

This is my first post here.
I have mixed and mastered the song how i think it should be.
Any feedback is welcome.

Alex

.mp3    Piece Of Me Mastered - - Output.mp3 --  (Download: 12.18 MB)

Overall, a nicely balanced mix, both volume and frequency wise. The only thing that has significant room for improvement is the section with the acoustic guitar, strings and piano. It could feel a bit more lively. The strings in there are fake midi strings, not actual strings...so you gotta process them to make them sound and feel like real strings. Don't be afraid to boost a lot of top end to bring such instruments to life. Also try some reverbs and delays to make it feel a bit more interesting and engaging.
Keep the good work up Smile
(18-08-2018, 09:32 PM)Luxe_Audio Wrote: Overall, a nicely balanced mix, both volume and frequency wise. The only thing that has significant room for improvement is the section with the acoustic guitar, strings and piano. It could feel a bit more lively. The strings in there are fake midi strings, not actual strings...so you gotta process them to make them sound and feel like real strings. Don't be afraid to boost a lot of top end to bring such instruments to life. Also try some reverbs and delays to make it feel a bit more interesting and engaging.
Keep the good work up Smile

Thank you for your feedback. I will keep that in mind for the strings.
But just to be fare something i do not like in my mix and i have seen the same on almost all other mixes here is how the snare disappears after the slow part (strings piano part) and when everything comes back together. Something that i will work on as well. Smile